1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Anybody use Sony ACID 4.0 or SOUND FORGE?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by NorthwindNS, Nov 29, 2004.

1. NorthwindNS

NorthwindNS Guest

Just wondering if anybody uses Sonic Foundry ACID/SOUND FORGE (recently bought over by SONY)? I use it on my DAW and I think it works well (for what I need). Anybody have any opinions?

- NICK (CAPE COD, MA)

2. LittleDogAudio

LittleDogAudio Active Member

I use soundforge and Cd Architect daily. Imho, they are the 2 best DAW mastering programs.

They are not a replacemant for a great analog mastering setup, but they are very powerful.

I just wish CDA would be released for Mac.

Chris

3. NorthwindNS

NorthwindNS Guest

Thanks for the input. I have my BOSS BR-1180CD connected to my computer so that I can edit my tracks, ect. I like being able to see the tracks.

4. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Another big SoundForge Fan.

5. golli

golli Active Member

Me too.
    But I'm not that crasy about CDA.

6. I'm a fan of the Sonic Foundry/Sony products. I'm currently demo'ing Acid Pro 5.0, and the improvements it's received since 4.0 are pretty great.

7. Soundforge is the bomb, I'm using version 7. I was using Acid 4 a couple years ago until I finally was introduced to Ableton Live, I've never looked back to Acid since.

8. DKeenum

DKeenum Active Member

I use acid and sound forge all the time. I am now using acid 5.0 and SF 7.0.