1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Anyone checkout the Eventide Eclipse?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Tim Lynch, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Tim Lynch

Tim Lynch Guest

Opinions?
    Thanks
    Tim

2. cjogo

cjogo Guest

Looks great (spec wise) and it's an Eventide!!===looking now at the Kurzweil 8 effects box

3. Tim Lynch

Tim Lynch Guest

I was thinking it would have that pitch-shifted vocal patch that widens the lead vocal at a better price than its bigger brothers. What's the deal with the Kurzweil? They make great stuff.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guests

There is a link to the Kurz and some chatter on it on the Hot Gear topic.
    :)
    (Dead Link Removed)

5. I have been using the Eventide lately. It sounds like an Eventide. I like it, but I find that I have little use for most of the presets. I always have to tweak Eventide stuff so it doesn't sound so cheesy.

6. Tim Lynch

Tim Lynch Guest

Jules-
    Thanks for the link to the Kurzweil unit. Perhaps I should forget the reverb 1 plugin and go for the Kurzweil. Know to figure out how to hook it up to either of my 24 bit adat bridges is another story. I could rout it into my D8b. Any opinions? Thanks.
    Tim

7. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Look into either

1) AES card for Mackie DB8

2) Old 888 interface, while it only does audio at 16 bit it's great for hanging 24 bit AES digital devices off of. It is 24 bit on the digital side.. usualy $900 is the going rate...second hand - good for 4 devices

but look out 96k is coming!

:mad:

Jules

8. Mike Simmons

Mike Simmons Active Member

Jeeze...dang... I'm just about to get the Eclipse and now I have to check out the Kurzweil. Anybody got the skinny on the compare and contrast on these units. I need really great reverb and want to use the AES/EBU on my 888.