1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

anyone has a recording that they used a Mackie 24.8

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Mike916, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Mike916

Mike916 Guest

I am buying one for $1200 and i want to know what this system can really do and plus it can record the songs you sing in it or playback the songs u play in it right........

2. corrupted

corrupted Guest

It is a console, not a recorder. You need a device to capture the mix that you create. This is a decent board, and that seems like an alright price... but it doesn't record anything.

3. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

MIKEY!!!!! What?!?!
    Can you sing into it?!?! Well, there is that talkback mic built into it....
    Dude this is a MIXING BOARD ( or as they say down here in the South, "mixer board")!!! No, it doesn't have the capabiity to record sound. You have to buy a RECORDER to RECORD sound. And you get that sound by plugging things like microphones and electric instruments into the mixer.That sound comes out of the mixer and goes on to a recorder. Then you take the sound from the recorder and MIX it through the mixing board. Dig? Or as they say in Philly, "Capiche"??

4. Mike916

Mike916 Guest

you'll need 2 recorders in order to record the finalize of your song right? as moonbaby says u record it first and then playit into the mixing board and mix it then do u need another recorder to recorder to record it too.......

because i'm planning to use a tascam 788 to record the sounds and then use my computer to record the final mix........

5. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

Walters???

6. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

What kind of stuff are you recording?

7. corrupted

corrupted Guest

I'm confused.

8. Mike916

Mike916 Guest

well i'm just recording a vocal track and an instrumental track.........

9. gnarr

gnarr Guest

http://194.144.41.90/bigpig/?index=samples

Those were all recorded on a Mackie 32:8:2 (with cheap mics and bad rooms..), so you should be able to get some idea how it sounds.

10. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

So what do you think a 24x8 mixer is going to do for you when you hook it up to your Tascam 788?