1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

anyone hear this mic

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by JamesG, Sep 3, 2005.

1. JamesG

JamesG Guest

2. JamesG

JamesG Guest

what about this one
    Beyerdynamic Opus 53

3. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Anyone know if this is a re-badged Oktava? I wonder what their quality control is like.
  4. JamesG

JamesG Guest

thats is what i was thinking
  5. muddystick

muddystick Guest

It is a ribbon microphone so the sound will be OUTSTANDING not in terms of clarity but in terms of warmth also you have to be very careful with the, even coughing on them can break them
  6. JamesG

JamesG Guest

I know what a ribbon mic is and I know about proper handling of them, thats not what I wanted to know, I wanted to know if anyone has actually HEARD the mic. you don't buy a mic because it it a condenser or a PZM mic you buy a mic because of how it sounds. Just because it's a ribbon mic doesn't mean it will sound OUTSTANDING in terms of "warmth" (if anything it would most likely be it's smoothness).
  7. ericbarthel

ericbarthel Guest

I understand that it is a re-badged Oktava from Russia (the ML-52). It is the best mic I have for recording jazz electric guitar. Outstanding and smoothness for miles.
  8. CoyoteTrax

CoyoteTrax Well-Known Member

May 25, 2005
    Home Page:
    All I can get out of EH is that they're manufactured for them. No other details.