1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Anyone Heard of Alan Douglas

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Big_D, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

I hope this doesn't sound like a foolish question but has anyone heard of an Engineer named Alan Douglas. He was the Engineer on Eric Claptons "From the Cradle" along with Producer Russ Titelman. This recording IMO is amazing and I have learned alot just from listening to the details. It was recorded live at Olympic Studios, London with no overdubs or edits. It's a great combination of old and modern sounds with an intimate club feel to it.

The reason I'm asking this is I'm looking for more of his work to study and just enjoy. A google search turned up an article on some Hendrix remixes and a mention of some Duke Ellington recordings but that's about it. However in the photo of Douglas on the "From the Cradle" jacket he appears to be too young to have worked with Ellington so I don't even know if it's the right guy. Any information anyone could give me on albums he recorded I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Don, do you know about AllMusic?

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Duke Ellingtons son, continued to record and tour the "Duke Ellington Orchastra" even after Ellingtones passing ... and those may be one of the recordings you are speaking of ... I have one CD called "Digital Duke" ... I have to look to see if your guy recorded it ..

4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I found lots of stuff here ...

UMass Lowell SRT

Your guy isn't as young as you thought ...

A short bio @
    http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/card/0,,424731,00.html

and this from the now defunct BAM magazine ..

http://www.me.umn.edu/~kgeisler/ad.html

There's more, take a look ...

5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, Thanks for the info. Sounds like Alan's pretty highly regarded by the list of people he's worked with.

David, I hadn't heard of All Music , I'll check it out.

Kurt, My search didn't turn up all that great stuff, Kudos

I have some reading to do!