1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Anyone know about this Mic?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by threeoten, Jul 27, 2005.

1. threeoten

threeoten Guest

Does anyone know anything about this Mic?

Audio-Technica XM1 Cardioid Vocal Microphone
    A quality all metal construction hand-held vocal microphone with built-in ball style windscreen. Frequency response of 100-10,000 Hz, 500 ohms impedence, XLR-Male output connector. Packaged with a high quality flexible stand clip with threaded metal insert.[/b]

2. threeoten

threeoten Guest

anyone? :(

3. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Active Member

Is that the one they are touting as a digital reference mic? Haven't tried it but it sure smells like their AT2020 mic to me.

4. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

Based on it being hand held with a ball end windscreen and its limited frequency response and impedance rating, must be a dynamic. The AT2020 is a side address condenser, with 20-20k frequency response and most likely an impedance between 150-250 ohms.

5. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Active Member

Clearly not the same mic then. AT has a mic out there that looks strikingly like the 2020 they are touting as a reference mic. I saw them walking through GC today.

6. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

I've been curious about the 2020's.....I have a few different AT's and am very happy with all of them. I'd be curious to know what constitues a digital reference mic, since digital bandwidth goes down to about 5Hz :shock: Not much good as far as ears are concerend, but might be an interesting substitute for a high fiber diet..............

7. threeoten

threeoten Guest

I appreciate your response very much, but I wish I could understand it :lol: I really dont know much of the subject, but would that mean its an ok mic? a crap mic? All we would need out of it is some decent recording quality (im using a desk mic as of now so that should let you know what my standards are :wink: ) and an ok live sound as well.

Thanks again!