1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

anyone recognize the mic stands in this photo??

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by Exsultavit, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Exsultavit

Exsultavit Active Member

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_orchestral_recording/

thanks!

Exsultavit[/img]

2. JoeH

JoeH Well-Known Member

My guess is they're some kind of Atlas, the older studio models, but I don't know the actual model #. Blair Jackson wrote the article for MIX, and his email address is on the masthead listed as: "Blair@blairjackson.com"

Why not shoot him an email directly and see what he says? :cool:

3. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

oooohhh vintage mic stands the latest rage.... yeh looks like atlas to me too... complete with the little wrist thingys for tough positioning.....oooooohhhhh

4. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

They look like they could be Starbirds to me. I have a couple of the older Atlas BSW36 boom stands like that, but the size of the "wrist thingy" that demented refers to isn't that large on them.
    Geez, I never thought that I'd be using the words "wrist" and "size" in the same sentence on THIS site!

5. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

LMAO... :twisted:

6. FifthCircle

FifthCircle Well-Known Member

Looks like an original starbird to me, but it could be an old atlas of some sort. I can't remember what they have a capitol, though. I was there once, but I really don't remember much about it.

--Ben