1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

anyone running Nuendo on Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Nuendo' started by 3FOLDSTUDIOS, Apr 24, 2007.

i am very interested in buying Nuendo 3..i researched HD3 and honestly for what im goin to invest..im not sure if its the BEST route right now..

i was told Nuendo on PC is ROCK SOLID!!! and ALSO that its not available for Intel yet..

is anyone using Nuendo 3 on Bootcamp..i am very interested in finding out bout your experience if you are...

or even your personal thoughts on the PC side

i have a Mac Intel
    quad core
  2. dterry

dterry Active Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Nuendo 3 is very stable on PC. I think there are a few users on the Nuendo.com forum that have at least tried it under Bootcamp.

In general, I like Nuendo's workflow better than any other DAW. Editing is excellent. Also, Nuendo 4 seems to be shaping up to have some very interesting Post additions and improvements. Could be a good time to go for Nuendo.

I believe the word is that N4 will have full Mac Intel and Vista support.

see thats exactly what ive heard...

my thing is..im a MAC guy...by default..lol...its what i studied and got used to in college....

so i know MANY of you have AMAZING PC's..that are probably BETTER than my Intel....but can someone please give me a LAYOUT of what i need to setup a MONSTER PC...or should i be PATIENT...(hard for me)..lol...and wait for N4..i have Cubase 4 and its a bit unstable....

see why i wanna make a move!!

thanks for the help...this forum rocks!!
  4. dterry

dterry Active Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Do you want to go dual core 2, quad core, or dual quads? A dual quad core won't give you twice the cpu power of a dual core 2 at the moment (a Nuendo multithreading issue over 4 cpus).

Build your own or buy preconfigured?

u think that will ever change...?could i benefit from the Dual Quad later..?

i just want the BEST setup with N3 to be ROCK SOLID STABLE!!!

today i was recording Lead Vocals...with multiple punches...(THANK GOD I LEARNED...SAVE and SAVE OFTEN)

C4 OUT OF NOWHERE!!! unexpectadly quit!!!! i had just saved like a minute b4...

but i cannot deal with this program nemore...i tried a FRESH install and still no give...

Steinberg is droppin the ball on C4....and id go HD but the minimun i was quoted was 15K...something i dont need to do ....cuz more than anything id be paying for stability...since i may not take advantage of EVERYTHING HD offers...

Thanks for your help DTERRY!!