1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Anyone running two Aardvark Q10's?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Barkingdogstudios, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Barkingdogstudios

Barkingdogstudios Active Member

Is anyone using two Aardvark Q10's in their rig? I'm considering adding a second one to mine but I'm concerned about my PC's ability to handle the additional load. I have a Pentium 4 1.8 GHz machine. Will I need to upgrade my processor too?

I was also wondering if the control panel will recognize that there are now 16 channels and display them all at once or will I constantly have to deal with 1-8 on unit A separately from 1-8 on unit B etc? Plus I'm using SONAR 3 and I wonder if it will distinguish channels.

Thanks.

2. jdier

jdier Active Member

I have two running on an AMD 2400+ rig with a gig of ram. I would guess you would be fine with your CPU, but call ben at aardvark and ask him.

You will only see 8 ins per control panel but you can open two instances.

The new driver keeps the two instances of control panel different colors which may not seem like a big deal, but it is really nice.

Good luck.

Jim

3. Barkingdogstudios

Barkingdogstudios Active Member

thanks jdier,

I did email Aardvark to ask the same questions, but I wanted to see if anyone here had actually implemented it.

Did you experience any other problems or issues with the implementation?

I'm not even sure my machine can accept a gig of RAM. I'll have to call the guy who sold me the computer.

Thanks again.