1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Anyone try out the M-audio Octane 8 channel PRE

Discussion in 'Recording' started by error5i, Jan 25, 2004.

1. error5i

error5i Guest

I was just wondering if anyone out there has tried this unit out or has any comments on it, i read at their site that it is 8 of the same pres in the DMP3, the unit has a decent price and i was just wondering if anyone had any comments on it heres a link to the site.
  2. Bobby Loux

Bobby Loux Active Member

Jan 14, 2003
    you'll probably get some unflattering opinions regarding pro-sumer products on this forum. (though I very much hate that term)

the octane just came out at NAMM so I dont even believe there are any reviews of the product let alone users who have purchased that piece...the DMP-3 was a surprisingly popular and useable pre for various applications.

I know that Mackie as well as Studio Projects just rteleased a dedicated 8 channel pre at NAMM as well, so you might want to wait for some reviews on these pieces unless you can audition one yourself.
  3. error5i

error5i Guest

Cool man thanx, Yea i know i would love some API pres and the higher gear but inorder to afford that i need to get somthing to get me some money from clients, but as u said i have heard good things abou thte dmp3 pres