1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Anyone use THE BRICK who also owns UA, SUMMIT etc?

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by J-3, Mar 5, 2005.

1. J-3

J-3 Active Member

Just continuing from another post here that kinda got off topic.

The brick has good potential to be a great tube pre that could possibly hold its own with the all but the very best. Could be a great pre for the $. I'd like to know if any of you out there that have experiance with the brick and other hi end tube pres such as UA, Summit etc can describe how the brick holds up to the others. Also, if you could describe a bit about how it sounds. Thanks.

2. eddies880

eddies880 Guest

Im sure "Kurt" can help you with this one :cool:

3. J-3

J-3 Active Member

Actually I think Kurt is trying to get one or two in to do a shoot out, but i'd love to hear what others are saying who already have the experiance. I may just go pick one up next week and see what she'll do, but all I can compare to at this point is a MP2NV, not really apples and apples...

4. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

I have The Brick, but no other "good" pres to compare it to. I will tell you that it is an astronomical difference from my Tascam pres onboard. Although you cant saturate the hell out of it....it is very clear, warm, and made my cheap mics sound expensive!

Even if it doesn't stack up to the Avalons, Sebs, and UAs of the world...it is still a kick ass tube DI.

I hope Kurt gets them soon too....I need somebodys side by side so I know how far off I am from the "real" thing

5. frob

frob Well-Known Member

last i hear kurt had not heard them yet, though that might have changed.

6. Antho

Antho Guest

I'm pretty keen to know as well, as this pre is realistically in my price range for buying two or more...where many of the others are just currently out of my league...

7. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

I tired it on a kick today with my D112. I didn't really like the sound of the kick itself, but the quality is nice.

8. JeffSanders

JeffSanders Active Member

All the sudden I'm hearing about the Brick everywhere. I also hear great things about the FMR RNP.

Has anyone compared the two?