Anything new from the Waves camp?

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by dabmeister music, Aug 22, 2003.

1. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Woodbridge, Va
    Home Page:
    I have to admit , been a little lazy lately. I'm curious to find if Waves has any new processing/mastering bundles. I know they offer the "masters bundle" but do they have anything that they may have updated ? I like their programs. I think TC Electronics has a software version of their Finalizer processor. Great S/W. I wish I had more of it.
  2. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Hi dab!
    The finalizer plug-in version is named TC Master X (3+5). It has been around for at least 5 years.

It is really nice for some applications, like Dance Music/Pop/Soul butI would not recommend it for purely acoustic stuff like classical, bossa nova and so.
    I have been using it since version 1.0.

However it is said to know that TC has not developed the whole version for PT HD.

They just released the 3 band version, quite good also, but not as flexible as the full blown 5 band version (sometimes more bands can make huge damage to the final junior mastering as mix balance gets f.. up).

Take a look at Vintage Warmer from PSP also. It is really nice for rock stuff and pretty cheap.

I have been using it for drum tracks ( kick, snare) as well as for bass drums, guitars.

I have not examined the MC2000 yet but I guess that Waves Linear Phase is quite interesting. However, the linear phase issue can sometimes be not the road to heaven.

Nice week!
  3. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    My understanding is that the plug 3-band version is from the Finalizer and 5-band plug version is from the TC DBmax which is their broadcast processor and much more powerful/flexable big brother to the Finalizer. I have the hardware DBmax and love it.