1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

apogee mini DAC or motu traveler?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by fontane, Mar 17, 2005.

1. fontane

fontane Guest

anyone have any feedback on using these with a PC system? i will be running it on the following machine:

alienware 7700
    P4 3.2
    2GB DDR2
    915 chipset
    geforce 6800
    2 firewire ports
    4 usb 2.0 ports

would like to run sonar 4 unless some sees why i should get cubase sx3? i already have sonar 3 and was going to upgrade...

feedback please?
  2. Fintan

Fintan Guest

i have been using the latest edition of sonar 4 producer edition and i think that program is excellent, although i will be switching to a digital performer/protools setup, i would recommend sonar to any pc users out there.

both of the interfaces you mentioned are fantasitic from what i have read- so it would really come down to price and options that fit your needs. i dont think you could go wrong with either one
  3. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2004
    I use Sonar 3 and wish to upgrade to version 4 for those workflow improvements. I also use Samplitude, which I love, but I expect Sonar 4 will be an indespensible tool for real world tasks.

If you want flexibility and inputs get the MOTU, but if you simply want high quality 2-channel conversion for monitoring the Apogee would be a better bet.

John Stafford