1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Ardvark q10

Discussion in 'Recording' started by sorrowthief, Oct 15, 2003.

1. sorrowthief

sorrowthief Guest

Ok since my last post I have read a lot on the forums and I have come to believe that I like the Ardvark. I cant decide which software would be best for my needs to go with this. I basically want to record high quality demos of my band, laying down live drums, hot vocals, the whole 9 yards. I dont have much use for midi stuff and most of my recording would be from live instruments with a mic on them. For how i am recording what software do u suggest and do you think Ardvark is a good choice for me as well?
  2. Ozzlander

Ozzlander Guest

Hi Sorrowthief, try Emailing or contacting a recording studio that uses the aardvark breakout box or something similar, this will be in their equipment list section, a working studio is the best place to find out whether or not the gear you are going to purchase is up to the task. I did this b4 getting my gear and from the 5 emails i sent i recieved 3 replies all of them quite happy to give me advice. I ended up on getting a layla 24bit breakout box and soundcard and am using cubase SL. Good Luck. :roll:
  3. Aloha

Aloha Guest

The aardvarks are great! They do alot and are very versatile. We use them in the studio every day. Use the q-10 with Cubase SX and you'll be on your way. Here is our website...

4. bgavin

bgavin Guest

I have a single Q10 and would like a second one for live performance recording. Up to four Q10 can be used, if your computer has room for four PCI cards.

Is there a simple answer favoring use of Cubase instead of Sonar 2.2 XL?
  5. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

Feb 14, 2003
    New Jersey (right outside the Big Apple!)
    Home Page:
    The Aardvark Q10 is supposed to have some great mic pres, if I recall. That's very important if want want to capture quality sound.
  6. Tbonedeluxe

Tbonedeluxe Guest

I've used the Aardvark DirectPro with Sonar and it's great. In fact I think it ships with Cakewalk 9 (which you could use, but you'd want to upgrade eventually).

I'd also suggest you look at the Tascam FW1884. It's got 8 mic pre's also only all 8 are phantom powered (Q10 has 4 phantom powered), plus its got ADAT I/O as well if you want to add channels that way. You'll find recording a band that you never have enough channels.

The FW is also a bitchin' control surface so even though it's a little more then the Q10, I think it's worth it by a lot. That said, I also find the aark stuff to be real solid.

my $.02