1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Are the feds coming after your ....

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by BobRogers, Nov 18, 2009.

1. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

Les Paul?

No politics please...

2. EricIndecisive

EricIndecisive Active Member

They scream when they're coming down, but they sing when they're played!

3. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Good thing I'm a slab of any old 2X4 with a neck kinda guy. (thanks Leo)

4. Guitarfreak

Guitarfreak Well-Known Member

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Gibson-Guitar-Company-Reviews-E6869_P2.htm

Scary stuff. Truth always comes from the inside.

5. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

Whew! I never believe anything on the internet - especially the stuff I write - but that's a lot of bad reviews. As Dave says, it pays to be a plank spanker sometimes.

6. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

All of that beautiful wood and then they can't cure it properly so that it won't twist and warp...What a waste.
    I'm with DD. Take 1 piece of American ash, add 1 stick of American maple and mix thoroughly. Then spank the livin' daylights out of it.

7. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

My Brother made a Tele out of a basic block of pine.

He did the paint and clear-coat, i can't tell the difference between a real tele and his save for the hotrail he put in at the neck.

The thing sounds killer too.

I personally love maple in my guitars.

-Chris

8. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Love this quote:

"High stress, low pay, and nothing makes any logical or common sense. Management is so far removed from the real world, they don't even have a clue, but to them it is all in the sense of "forward thinking." Continual negative almost hateful feedback and never any raises or reviews with also very unrealistic goals and expectations. Extremely bad policies towards customers and dealer base that are detrimental towards business growth and are borderline illegal. Company puts out sub-par product, but really exploiting the Gibson same to it's fullest degree. Trust me, the "mystique" of working at Gibson wears off really quickly when you realize that you are in Office Space, but even worse."

I'm glad I bought my Godin now. Salvaged wood from the bottom of the great lakes. Parts designed and hand crafted in Canada and built in the US. A quality product at a decent price and built right here in North America.