1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Are there any FX that will create volume pedal swell effect while recording guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by macwriter, May 1, 2012.

  1. macwriter

    macwriter Active Member

    Is there a way to set up a compressor or limiter, flanger or other so that while recording straight into my DAW (Studio One) I can get the feel of a guitar volume pedal ( as I don't have a pedal)? I know once I'm editing I can do fade ins and fade outs but wondered if there was a way to accomplish the feel while recording? I thought maybe some kind of effect with a slow attack and / or slow release might work?

  2. Flagg Audio

    Flagg Audio Active Member

    I can help. Go here:

    Fretted Synth Audio, freeware VST effect and instrument plug-ins at rekkerd.org

    And download the SlowBeer and GatePlus vst plugins. They'll do that slow gear-type effect for you.
  3. macwriter

    macwriter Active Member

    Awesome... I'll give that a try .... with a name like "slow beer" that effect would have give me that classic country sounds I'm lookin' for.

Share This Page