1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Ashly PQ66

Discussion in 'Recording' started by godotzilla, Jun 13, 2003.

1. godotzilla

godotzilla Guest

Anyone familiar w/ this goliath? Made in late-80s/early-90s. It's a 3U space 4-band stereo (dual mono or link-able stereo) parametric, but I can't find any specs about it on the web. I know Ashly was an early pioneer of parametric EQ. Is this sucker tube? Transformer? Gerbil on a wheel (it's big enough to house a whole family of wheel-running rodents)?

2. fontenel

fontenel Guest

godotzilla,

i have a pq-66. it's not tube for sure. it sounds really good, though. i picked it up off ebay because i heard they were good for the money. i love it. i too had problems finding anything about it. there's a little bit of technical info on ashly's webpage in the "retired products" section, but that's all i can find. hope that helps...

jeff

3. rhythm-ranch

rhythm-ranch Guest

Not sure about the PQ-66, but here's a link to the manual for the SC-66. Maybe it will help. SC-66

4. mcarlton

mcarlton Active Member

they are both the same thing (maybe just a bit newer chips in the sc) i have one of each ... stole them from ebay.. love them both.