1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

At 2020 VS cad Trion 8000

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Tim110370, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Tim110370

Tim110370 Guest

HI, I own a At2020 and Just purchased a CAD trion 8000.
    I tested them side by side on a Focusrite Preamp and the Mics sound nearly Identical. I also recorded me singing into both mics at the same time and thay have a nearly Identical sound through my monitiors.Iwas hoping to get that wow factor from the cad But it seems the at2020 is right there. I am new to this But it looks as the cad will be returned tomorrow, as I wa :D s looking for a colorful tube mic with better sound than my at2020(Cheap bottom of the line Audio Technica)
    any replies appreciated.
    Thanks. :D
  2. Hi, Tim. Would you mind posting the clips that you recorded? I can't imagine these two mics sounding all that similar.
  3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    You're probably dealing all with the same Chinese capsules?

Mediocre condenser microphones all sound the same. Cheap. Like me.

Try an SM58 for vocals. It'll sound better.

With 6 you get egg roll
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  4. Tim110370

Tim110370 Guest

I'll post some clips tonight so you can hear the (non)difference!!
  5. Tim110370

Tim110370 Guest

Never Mind I came home this evening and attempted to fire up the mic and the power supply to the mic was dead. so it looks like I had a defective Mic from the get go!!!! When I get a new one I'll let you guys know how that goes. This mic only had about 2 hours of on time before it died.
  6. craigboy

craigboy Guest

I have a AT4050, AT4033, and a TLM103 and the CAD Trion 8000 blow them a way given its warmth.

I have the Trion 8000 connected to my DM24 with no effects or EQ. If it sound this transparent with a DM24, you can just amagine what it will sound like with my Focusrite Green Three or Liquid Channel preamp.

Do any one hear what I hear? Look out AKG and Neu