1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Audio books

Discussion in 'Recording' started by OJG, Sep 8, 2005.

1. OJG

OJG Guest

As you know, I am just doing my first treading in this field of audio engineering.
    It is clear to me that I must start with reading a few books before I begin inquiring about gear or even going to a dealer to test gear. Someone like me does not necessarily know even WHAT to listen to in a mic or a monitor or converter.

I did check out the list of recommended books and I spent many hours in Barnes and Noble, Border's, and online on Amazon.

I found a wonderful book:
    Recording tips for engineers for cleaner brighter tracks.
    Author: Tim Crich
    ISBN: 0240519744

It's big, inclusive, and unlike so many other books that I leafed through, gives a lot more than a non committed paragraph on one subject or another. I don't say this to attack any book or author. For me personally, being very detail oriented and wanting to know WHY so and so is being done - this book stood out.

Another book that I am trying to look into is:
    Stereo Microphone Techniques
    Author: Bruce Bartlett
    ISBN: 0240800761.

I was able to check the contents page and it pretty unbelievable. It doesn't look as if the author left out anything. I am told that this book it out of print and that it is replaced by another book (which supposedly contains all of the above original text), but I was unable to verify this.
    The other book is:
    On Location Recording Techniques
    Author: Bruce Bartlett
    ISBN: 0240803795

I thought I ought to share this information with the forum.