1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Audio Interface to replace a Tascam US-122?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by JSRockit, Jul 23, 2005.

1. JSRockit

JSRockit Guest

I currently have a Tascam US-122 and am looking to upgrade. I would like S/PDIF ins and outs and don't want to spend more than $250-300. Also, it needs 24-bit capabilities. Some of the M-Audio FW stuff is appealing, but I have heard there are problems with the drivers for OS X and are just problematic. Any ideas?

2. Ness

Ness Guest

Doesn't 250 -300 put you back in the same price range of the US-122 (which is the best for the money in that price range in my opinion). I guess you can sell the 122 on ebay and get 150 dollars.

I would be interested to the outcome of this thread. I would like to upgrade as well.

3. JSRockit

JSRockit Guest

Basically I sold the Tascam and bought an Edirol UA-25. The US-122 didn't have digital ins and outs...and the UA-25 does... so I can get a decent AD / DA converter now.

4. Ness

Ness Guest

Did you sell it on ebay or localy, and about how much did it go for?

5. JSRockit

JSRockit Guest

Sold the Tascam for $140 on ebay.

6. Ness

Ness Guest

Oh thats not bad at all. I think i'll just have sell mine before its resale value drops too much. I would like to free up my USB ports and go for a firewire device.