1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Audio-Technica AT3035

Discussion in 'Recording' started by SwurVe, Sep 11, 2005.

1. SwurVe

SwurVe Guest

Anyone here had any experiences with this mic? Its one im thinking about purchasing...i will be recording through a digi 002 rack into ProTools

I mostly record HipHop / Rap Music and I will also be recording a female singer and maybe a project with a group of female singers

Thank You

2. Caisson

Caisson Guest

I have, and still use this mic....its a pretty good mic for the money. The pre's in your 002 should be suffient to get a good sound, and it will work good with the female voice on it. Rap vocals don't require to much, so i think you'll be straight with this mic

3. Dr_Willie_OBGYN

Dr_Willie_OBGYN Active Member

I own one. Great mic for the money actually. I've posted on this site about how we compared it (with male vocals) with a $1,000 TLM 103 and couldn't tell the difference. I use it for recording stereo sound effects side by side with my TLM 103.

4. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

It's one of my favorites. Most common uses are:

1. Female vocals
    2. Some male vocals
    3. Electric guitar amps
    4. Tenor sax

It's a great value, I should buy another one!

5. SwurVe

SwurVe Guest

Do you guys place it upside down or normal up without the boom....i like to place the mics upside down on the boom just wondering if its gonna be better placing it upside down or normal up without the boom...

6. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

Depends on what I'm recording.......usually upside down on a boom for sax, rightside up on a boom for vocals, whatever gets it in the correct position. For vocals, doesn't really matter, can't see it having any effect on the end result.

7. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

For vocals I always prefer AT mics upright. I don't know why, but it has always been easier to get the sound I'm looking for that way. For other things I've used it either way with equally good results. It really depends on the room. Sometimes upside down can help with ceiling reflections as the body of the mic gets in the way.

John Stafford

8. John Stafford

John Stafford Well-Known Member

Doh! I forgot you meant the 3035. It was generalising about the grille assemby on the 40 series, but of course yours is different.

John