1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

audio to midi

Discussion in 'Recording' started by xMannequiNx, Mar 1, 2009.

1. xMannequiNx

xMannequiNx Guest

I wanted to know if there was any mac software (hopefully freeware) out there that will take a audio file (of a single drum, like a kick) and convert it to a midi hit.

Ive got logic 8 and I am done trying to get my drumagog to work, so I was going to use the EXS sampler with something that can convert the audio to midi. The thing is it needs to be something that can do it live (I know how to convert audio to midi that is already recorded using the "audio to score" in logic)

thanks

2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

I don't use logic, so this will probably be no help to you, but...
    If youd don't mind me asking...what were the problems you were having with drumagog?

3. xMannequiNx

xMannequiNx Guest

Latency

and when I reinstalled logic it messed it up and wont let me re-register

4. ouzo77

ouzo77 Active Member

do you want a live drumset to trigger sounds in logic in real time?

the only way i know of is to use triggers on the drums and a trigger-to-midi converter (hardware) which then triggers sounds in logic via midi. but that can be a bit expensive...

5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

There is an audio midi plugin out there, do a google search.

Did you repair permissions befor you tried to authorize drumagog?

8)

6. xMannequiNx

xMannequiNx Guest

gdoulbeyou: ok ill make that search, and i tried repair permissions and it did nothing

7. Space

Space Well-Known Member

I picked up an Alesis DM5 a few years ago and triggered that. Laid the triggers on a soft backing and tapped with my fingers.

It wasn't as effective as I had hoped, but it was amusing while intoxicated :)

8. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Whoomp! here it is

http://www.widisoft.com/english/widi-audio-to-midi-au.html

Take a look in the plugin manager, sometimes plugs that don't pass inspection can be activated. Also take a look in your preference folder for stray drumagog files.

8)

9. GeckoMusic

GeckoMusic Guest

Audio to MIDI technology still has a long way to go. But the OP is actually asking for a sampler that can be triggered from MIDI.

Make sure your sample is trimmed very tight. Check your latency setting of your sound card. Drumogg is probably not the source of your latency.