1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Auto-tune setting!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by crazy_guitar, Jan 28, 2002.

1. crazy_guitar

crazy_guitar Guest

Hi, Need help with auto tune! Everytime I try to use it it makes the vocal tracks sound weird, and dont tune them right. I'd like to know what settings do you use! is there like a universal scale just to tune up everything?? I dont want it to sound like a techno recording you know what I mean. Just a little bit of tuning...also seems like auto-tune goes crazy on vibrato vocals... so help me with settings...thanks
  2. Marcelo

Marcelo Guest

You can try the equal tempered scale, any key. Try to lower the speed and relaxe it a bit. You can even try manual mode, but it takes a little to get used to. Automation on PT gives much more flexibility, you can increase time on vibratos, so it won´t go crazy. Hope it helps.
  3. Linwood

Linwood Guest

Only use in graphic mode. Use the "make curve".
  4. rpowell

rpowell Guest

i agree...i can never use autotune in auto or realtime...i have to graph-correct-process and be done with it..

anybody have ideas for tuning yells? alot of the metal i do gives the nice chopped up graph when tracked
  5. bohemio

bohemio Guest

one question... how do you set the auto-tune to get that vocoder effect? i use auto-tune 3...
  6. RobinH

RobinH Guest

Use the scale detune , set the tracking and speed controls high , and maybe choose a weird scale.