1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Auto tune setting

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jazzbass12, Nov 7, 2003.

1. jazzbass12

jazzbass12 Active Member

Any one have any suggested starting points for using Antares Auto tune while in auto mode It seems to do more harm than good. If I set it too low it doesnt kick in. I am not looking to correct a horrible vocal but just the occasional intonation issues.

Thanks

2. missilanious

missilanious Guest

for effects use auto mode, for pitch correction use manual mode, manaul give you more controll and it processes with less artifacts if done right.

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

missilanious is correct! I have a hardware version of auto tune, the ATR1 .. I call it "automated talent recovery" ... I go into a chromatic scale and take out all the notes that are not in the scale the melody follows. This provides smooth transitioning between notes without the "yodeling" effect.

4. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

Except for the Cher and Madonna´s vocal effect, I hardly use this plug. Iprefer to track 8x if necessary.
    Pitch in time by Serato helped me much more in the extreme situations.

5. Kurt Foster

I can't speak to the plug in version but i have found the hardware version to work perfectly. It's a real time saver and I don't hear the effect "working" as much as I have on some records.. like Shania Twain

6. sserendipity

sserendipity Member

Check out the Dixie chicks. You don't even need particularly good speakers to hear it cutting on every other phrase. Good ole naturul cun'try mussic yessireee...

It struck me as incredibly arrogant engineering - how could anyone think they could get away with such blatant artifice? Then you realise, it's not arrogant - their audience obviously doesn't care what it sounds like or they wouldn't have one.

7. Kurt Foster

Jon,
    Yep, They had me untill this last record they did on their own.. With the exception of "Long Time Gone" it's pretty much Cr -rraaap ! They should have called it "Gynocentria" instead of "Home" ... Everytime "Landslide" comes on th' toobe, I just want to loose th' cookies! (Just my opinion, no letters please! :D )

8. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

I would nicely tolerate Shania out of tune 25 hours a day in my bedroom
    lol