1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Automating Metronome in Logic

Discussion in 'Logic' started by toddmatthew, Apr 30, 2010.

1. toddmatthew

toddmatthew Guest

Can it be done? I dont mean tempo. I mean volume. It makes sense to me to have it fluxuate correspondingly to the songs dynamics. But I just cannot seem to find out how. I'm guessing if it's possible, its going to be with klopfgiest, which I'm not embarrassed to admit I've never been familiar with and have not seen the need for until now. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!
  2. toddmatthew

toddmatthew Guest

Also, I've thought about running it through an aux and automating that. But there are no routing options on the standard metronome other than 1-2 and 3-4. (yes, I only have 4 outs, sue me)
  3. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Is there a volume envelope? Otherwise, RTM.
  4. toddmatthew

toddmatthew Guest

No volume envelope, well there is on klopfgiehst. I still havent managed to get that thing to run properly. My only solution now is to take an output to an input, record the metronome, and automate that as a regular track.
  5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    Klopfgeist by default is software instrument #256.

Go to the mixer page, select the all button. right click on klopfgeist, and select create/select arrange track.

It will appear on the arrange page, then you can automate like any other track.
  6. toddmatthew

toddmatthew Guest

Son of a gun! Uggg... you know what's depressing? I actually knew this. But I'd just been loading new tracks and putting klopfgeist on their I/Os. So it all makes sense now, gotta unhide the already created click track. Thanks a lot gdoubleyou. I appreciate it!