1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

[b]How do I compress my vocals on Cool Edit Pro 2.0?[/b]

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by crucified, Jun 14, 2007.

1. crucified

crucified Guest

I need to know how to compress my vocals.... I hear that will cure my problem with certain parts of my vocals being too low and when I do amplify these parts it still isnt exact I need to compress them all to equal how do I do this using cool edit pro 2.0? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for taking your time to read this!

2. Kapt.Krunch

Kapt.Krunch Well-Known Member

Transform>Amplitude>Dynamics Processing..if I remember correctly?

Be careful with that. It's easy to overdo, and could make it sound nasty. Know where your Undo button is.

Kapt.Krunch

3. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Actually Effects>Amplitude>Dynamics Processing.

Beware that the compression algorithm in CoolEdit can produce disappointing results. It's hard to see how such an inherently straightforward process could be improperly implemented.

4. Kapt.Krunch

Kapt.Krunch Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. :wink:

I suspected my memory ain't what it used to be...but I really can't remember! :shock:

Kapt.Krunch

5. ouzo77

ouzo77 Active Member

you could also load your vocals onto a track in multitrack mode. there should be a "fx" button for each track where you can select non-destructible effects. this way you can re-adjust the compression until it suits your needs. when you have the desired result you make a mixdown of that track which creates a new file.