1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Baby Blue?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by hollywood_steve, Sep 1, 2001.

1. hollywood_steve

hollywood_steve Active Member

I just stumbled across the press release for the new mic from BLUE, the Baby Bottle.

here's the other.

$650 list should mean around $500 for an extremely cool looking little mic that probably sounds pretty good too. I know that its not due for a couple of months, but has anyone in the biz seen a prototype? Any comments?

steve
    sjp@soca.com

2. jetoney

jetoney Guest

I will be listening to it on Tues. of next week, I will let you know how it sounds(to me that is).
    You are right on the price; $499 is MAP for this mic.

JT

3. alphajerk

alphajerk Active Member

when are they hoping to get it into production? i would love to try a pair of them out...

4. atlasproaudio

atlasproaudio Active Member

They are available in November.

5. MMazurek

MMazurek Guest

Noise level not more than 5.5db (A-weighted)???

Is this REALLY low, or am I missing something?

6. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

Originally posted by hollywood_steve:
    I just stumbled across the press release for the new mic from BLUE, the Baby Bottle.

I know that its not due for a couple of months, but has anyone in the biz seen a prototype? Any comments?

I know Myles Boisen had one for a while. IIRC he said it was midrangy and he was using it on things he'd use ribbon mics on. You can probably find his post by digging through Google.