BAD FORUM TITLE HI IM NEW!!!

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by mama_muli, Nov 29, 2005.

1. mama_muli

mama_muli Guest

ok hi im new to this...ive got a question but im not quite sure whether im in the right forum....ok my husband has got his keyboard, drum machine and bass and all that hooked up to the stereo and i wanted to hook the stereo into the pc to record what he plays...is that possible...and if it is what program do i need to dl to be able to record what he is playing????

PLEASE HELP......

2. Calgary

Calgary Active Member

Hi. Yes i'ts definitely possible although once you get setup you might prefer to elimnate the stereo and go straight into your computer. Anyhow the method will depend on what kind of stero you have (which type of outputs) and what soundcard you have. If you list details on those items then it'll be easier for the fine folks here to offer some advice.

In one simple scenario you may be able to connect a "line out" output directly to the "line in" input on your soundcard and just record in your favorite recording software that way. Although that's not likely to result in extremely good audio in most cases. Typically people connect directly to the soundcard from their keyboard or guitar amp.

If you don't have any software nor budget to buy some, there's a decent audio editor out there (check Google) called "Audacity" which is free. :)

3. mama_muli

mama_muli Guest

ty

oh wow that was fast...thank you....just wondering whether you on msn if you could add me so it would be easier for me....please...

4. mama_muli

mama_muli Guest

5. Calgary

Calgary Active Member

I don't have an email, anyhow you'll want to post the details here to get some advice from someone more knowledgeable than myself. I'm just a beginner whereas the folks around here are experienced experts. :D

6. britbrian

britbrian Guest

Perhaps it might help. if you could give some details about your computer setup. What sound card do you have in the machine?
    Is it a Mac or a PC?
    What outputs do you have on the stereo player?
    I have MSN, but I'm not sure direct chat would be any more helpful.

7. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Welcome Mama muli,

while a lot of people here are very knowledgable, they are here for free, on their spare time. To ask them to troubleshoot your computer or give you step by step instructions on how to set it up, and to do it now, is asking a bit much. We are more of a teach a person to fish rather than fish for the person kind of forum. If time is of the essence, then I would recommend hiring someone to come in and set it up for you.

8. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Your title "HI IM NEW!!!" means nothing to the board readers or the search engines indexing etc.

hope that helps