1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

band recording

Discussion in 'Recording' started by MixYourOwnBeat, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Me and My buddy are getting into productions seriously and we're both 16. We have been recording rhymes and making hem their beats for a while but we wanna start recording bands. We have a small booth for like 2 people for the rhymes but we have a whole room next to it in the basement which we are gonna soundproof for the band recordings, what is the best way to go about this? special mics? and how about a program for the comp? we use sonar for recording now and acid for beat making but we are the kind of kids who like to save up mopney for the best equipment. I'm young and full of questions so ull hear alot from me lol

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Buy the book Modern Recording Techniques by David Miles Huber. It is a great introduction to recording. Sonar is a fine app and will take you a long way.

3. mikezfx

mikezfx Guest

GREAT Book rec. - that was my textbook for my recording 1 class in college (and still is the course text).

4. that book is perfect. i used it in my years at Ohio University working on a BS in Audio Production (tcom).

5. Thanks alot guys:D

6. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Guess I need that too. Great post David

7. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

I don't know man, if you've already done a fair amount of recording ( and I believe you have?), then you will probably be disappointed at the books simplicity. It reads more like a big glossary and doesn't really tell much in the way of technique. I've been meaning to latch hold of the Mastering Audio book by Bob Katz at some point. I hear it is really good.

8. David French

David French Well-Known Member

Reggie is right; it is an introductory book, but he said he was 16, and he was wanting to start recording bands, so I think this book would be appropriate.

The Katz book is awesome.