1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Bash these mixes!!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by nate112190, Jan 23, 2007.

1. nate112190

nate112190 Guest

Hey there, yeah these are some recordings ones of my band, the others just suttin i recorded to hear wut the drums sounded like i didnt even do nthing to the guitars or bass just the drums.

This is my band.

This is just hearing what I figured out on recording drums. Please tell me what i can do to make everything sound as good as possible!! THanx!! O and one more thing!! How should i go about recording vocals for my band on that one!! Our singer screams!! And i dont no a good way of recording it!!
  2. fourone3

fourone3 Active Member

Jan 17, 2007
    How did you record those two clips?

I would say it all depends on where you want to take the recordings.
  3. nate112190

nate112190 Guest

Well the first one there I did the drums with

A MXL 604 and Apex Condenser for overheads panned in stereo
    they were 2 or 3 feet above the drums.

A Dr. VX1 for the bass drum, i placed it right outside the bass drum.

and some mic I don't even know the name of on the snare.

The guitars were done with my MXL 604 about 3 inches away from the speaker cone. The bass was line in. ANd another question for this song while I'm talking about it. How should I go about recording our singer. He screams so I don't know how to record it right.

The other one I just did the bass and guitar line in.

The drums I put the Apex condenser 7 inches above the hi-hat pointing down. My MXL 604 to the right side 7 inches above the crash. I panned these to stereo. A Dr. VX1 on top of the snare 1 inch away, and some dynamic mic on the bottom 4 inches away. And another one of these random dynamic mics right outside the bass drum. The only thing I did different the drums here was run two cables from the mixers main out to both the inputs on my FastTrack Pro so i could record them in stereo, which i think sounds better. The first song there was recorded in audacity then i edited it in sonar. ummm this was all recorded with my multimix 8 and my fasttrack pro... and it was recorded in my basement...