1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Batch editing?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by cotenyc, Jul 29, 2007.

1. cotenyc

cotenyc Active Member

Hey all,
    I have about 50 wav samples that all need the exact same edit.
    The samples hit slightly behind the beat, and I'm looking to delete this empty space on all files at once (same edit).
    I have wavelab 6 and there doesn't seem to be a way to batch this.. any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. cotenyc

cotenyc Active Member

anyone?

3. cotenyc

cotenyc Active Member

anyone have any suggestions?

4. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

If the software won't do it, it won't do it.

Adobe Audition has batching capabilities, but selections is one area where the scripting often falls short, so I'm not certain it would do what you're looking for.

5. MrHope

MrHope Guest

There's a freebie called WavTrim that can do it if it is pure silence at the beginning. Unfortunately it doesn't work with small files (such as single-shot drum hits). It does however work on anything a minute or so longer.

6. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

If the space at the beginning of each file is identical, it should be pretty easy for any multi-track DAW.

Simply place each sample on its own track aligned to 0 and trim the front samples of the project then export each track to its own web file.

The trick is, if it's 16 bit, load the file at 16 bit, don't load it in at 24 bit or you'll have to dither back down and for this type of edit, it should not be necessary and no benefit will be gained.

7. cotenyc

cotenyc Active Member

Good idea, i'll give it a shot
    Thanks guys