1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

BBE 882 maximizer...

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by theaero, Mar 8, 2007.

1. theaero

theaero Guest

I just bought this thingy, except its not like all the ones i see online, the red and white 882is.

Its black and blue, and has basically the same knobs and lights and stuff, but its a 882, not a 882i.

Can anyone tell me what the differance is?
  2. TVPostSound

TVPostSound Guest

Actually nothing but a facelift. And it still ruins your work!!!
  3. bpatram

bpatram Guest

The 822i is a revised version of the 822. The 822 has been discontinued. I would send it back and get the new version.
  4. I wouldn't say it ruins your work. It does some cool things sometimes. I wouldn't put it on a 2-bus, but for a bass guitar effect or something it is kinda cool sometimes. I like to use them for live sound or in a bass amp rack. I wouldn't bother sending it back to get the new one either. They all are pretty much the same thing. They're cheap and can sometimes do some cool stuff. I regret selling mine sometimes, but then I usually just put new strings on the ole bass and it works better.

5. zandurian

zandurian Active Member

Mar 24, 2006
    "Ruins"? Don't you mean "enhances"? You must have mis-typed! :wink:
  6. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    Don't leave out the also discontinued BBE 822A which has become popular as the 822 model to own. I know it is sometimes a secret weapon of mine.
  7. Costy

Costy Guest

Mine as well. For bass and percussion, that is.
  8. nickeveslage

nickeveslage Guest

I've always liked using an old 882 through a guitar amp's effects loop. It's easy to go overboard though, which is bad and it sounds way too processed. Used sparingly it can add to a guitar sound like crazy.

I don't use one any more mind you, since I got a killer new guitar amp (absolutely amazing) but I'm sort of curious now as to how it would sound....

dun dun dunn

I can see where it'd sound great on percussion. I need to try that.
  9. Crankitup

Crankitup Guest

I like how it sounds on bass. It's a nice way to fatten it up