1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Beat Detective alternatives?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by multoc, Jun 14, 2007.

1. multoc

multoc Active Member

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows an alternative to Beat Detective, something that I can use within Adobe Audition or something similar, outside of Digidesign's realm.

I'd appreciate any ideas!
    Thanks
    -Ashton

2. multoc

multoc Active Member

I'm only asking because I just got done recording a massive death metal drumkit (209bpm 16th note rolls etc) that id like to clean up a bit!

3. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

Sonar 6........Audio Snap. There is a 3rd party standalone application I heard about, can't remember it's name though. It might be made by Melodyne.

4. multoc

multoc Active Member

I did try Melodyne's program but there wasn't any literature I could find on it to help me make the damn thing work! I would get the notes converted to midi and then when I would try to fix things, no dice! I'll check out Sonar 6, and if I figure it out I'll definatly buy it, thanks!

5. jonyoung

jonyoung Well-Known Member

Audio Snap will quantize the wave files, so there's no need to convert to midi. It's pretty intuitive......you chooose a reference track to be your tempo map, map it and then select the other tracks you want to snap to the map. I've only used it on individual tracks, and I read on the Sonar forum that if you try to handle large batches of files simultaneously, you're in for some glitches. Best to work on a few at a time and bounce.