1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Behringer 1204USB Mixer Connection help

Discussion in 'DAW's, Computers & Software' started by Zachary Warner, Sep 2, 2010.

1. I recently purchased the aforementioned mixer, but I can't seem to get my computer to process the input from the mixer. I installed the driver that came with the mixer and it appears in my audio devices, but there is no signal from it. I have a mic plugged in and I can see that the mixer's levels are processing the mic's input, but it is not going through to my laptop. I am not sure what the problem is and I would really appreciate any help. I am running windows vista 64-bit. I can supply additional info if needed.
  2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Moderator Resource Member

Mar 20, 2008
    currently Billings

Sometimes in Win Vista you have to set the desired interface as the computer's default audio device in addition to selecting it in the DAW. This was rectified I thought in SP1 and SP2. I don't know this particular mixer at all so I'm just speculating.
  3. Boswell

Boswell Distinguished Moderator Resource Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Home Page:
    I think you may find that this is a problem with the supplied drivers and Windows Vista64. I suggest you run a test and try installing the driver on a computer running XP32 and see if you can get that to work with the mixer.
  4. Ok, so I'm not sure what happened. I installed your driver and set the microphone to my default audio in. I then opened up audacity for a little test run and it was working fine. Then audacity unexpectedly closed. I opened it back up and reset the mic to my audacity mic in and now it won't work again. I know everything is set correctly because I already had some audio recorded, but it's not working :(
  5. Nevermind, after some fiddling around with the preferences I have finally got everything up and running! I appreciate the help and I really couldn't have done this without you :biggrin: