1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Bend Manipulation

Discussion in 'Recording' started by greatteamwork, Mar 30, 2011.

1. greatteamwork

greatteamwork Active Member

Hello,

I want to bend some ambient noise that I'm making through my guitar. I'm not sure if I'm using the right term. I want to change the sound in the same way as the nob that comes standard on most cheap keyboards does, bringing the note down seamlessly one or more steps.

Thanks for your help!

2. greatteamwork

More info:

I tried using a wah pedal, and it wasn't what I wanted, because I want to bend down, subtly, and the wah only went up, and not so subtle.

Also I have logic express, if it's possible to do it on there that would be awesome.

3. JohnTodd

JohnTodd Well-Known Member

Automated pitch shift? Use automation on the VST pitch shifter to specify the bend over time.

4. greatteamwork

sounds perfect. But I'm a noob. can you tell me where to find the VST pitch shifter? Thank's helping!

5. JohnTodd

JohnTodd Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm a Cubase guy. Check your manual about automation. And maybe Logic has a VVST pitch shifter,or maybe you need to download one.

[DLMURL="link removed Audio Plug-in Database (Search Page) - VST, Audio Units, RTAS, DirectX, LADSPA, DSSI[/DLMURL]

Try there.