1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

best monitors for dance/electronic

Discussion in 'Monitoring & Headphones' started by chris lyth, May 23, 2005.

1. chris lyth

chris lyth Guest

I am thinking of getting some new monitors to replace my genelec 1029+sub and I am looking for suggestions.

My room is 11Wx12L x10H and i have a moderate amount of bass trapping ie: 4inch rockwool in the corners where it allows.

I like the genelecs to a certain extent but the bass is always boomy and wooly sounding.

2. axel

axel Guest

do you have the old sub version, i think it was called 7509 (sorry don't know the excact no.) they have improved the subs a lot!!!
    however i think genelecs are great specially for dance stuff...
    check out the 8040's or 8050's, i would go without a sub, usually i tend to mix, specially bass better on a non sub system, but that is just my experience / opinion, otherwise dynaudio or event 20/20 are worth a look into, too
  3. Marcus Black

Marcus Black Guest

I have Genelec 8030's + 7050 sub and they're great on any material. Highly recommended.
  4. jonnyc

jonnyc Guest

I'd look at the event asp8's or the 20/20 bas V2's. I have them both and they are spectacular. I have my low freq's set to zero and have plenty of low end.
  5. schizojames

schizojames Active Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Home Page:
    Wharfedale diamond 9.2 or 9.3 and a hafler amp...very, VERY flat!