Best Noise reduction software?

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by James B, Aug 31, 2011.

1. James B

James B Active Member

Hi
    Any recommendations for the 'best' NR software and/or plugin? Any votes for iZotope RX?

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Budget?
    System, OS, Hardware?
    DAW?

3. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

Well I own and use Izotope RX and I'm pleased with it. My daughter used it at school and in a studio where she was an intern and she knew how to use it and liked it. I can't say that I did a comprehensive audition of all competitors. If you can sample HVAC noise or guitar amp hum it does a nice job of eliminating noises like that. That's what I've used it for so far, and it's done the job well and pretty transparently. I really can't say how it works on more complicated more intermittent noise.

4. James B

James B Active Member

How about 2 options
    A)unlimited budget
    and
    B)under $500

I'm on Mac and using Adobe Audition currently, though I've been told Izotope offers better NR

5. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Well, I'm partial to Bias Soundsoap Pro but I think that's just a matter of familiarity. $300 Waves has Z-Noise. $200. Izotope RX is Way more robust that the Waves Z-Noise.

Someone here mentioned Cedar Systems a long while back but those cost into the thousands of dollars as they have specialized hardware for specific tasks.

6. jshonuff

jshonuff Active Member

Izotpe Rx hell yeah