1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Best place to get W10

Discussion in 'Computing' started by kmetal, Sep 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

hey just wondering where the best place to grab W10 is and if there is any reason to go w the boxes version vs the download. Seems to be a $30 difference between the two. I'm looking to upgrade in about a month.

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I upgraded online with the freebie from 7 last year. I see no reason for the box.

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I have Home and Pro, Pro is better for audio.

If you can, get Pro or (from what I understand) Enterprise is even better. The Home edition is less desirable because it has less ability to "remove" some of the bloat.

4. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Well-Known Member

Unfortunately w enterprise you've got to buy like 4 or maybe 6 copies. It's not available as a single purchase. It is however the most tweak able, but I called Microsoft and they said I have to buy a few.

I've got home stock. Pro is cheap enough. I can't handle not being able to disable update notifications in home.

Ideal I'll save a few bucks and just download it to my NAS and hopefully just be able to install it directly from the NAS. Hopefully Marco chimes in on this one.