1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Better off

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jbeutt, Apr 11, 2005.

1. jbeutt

jbeutt Active Member

Ok, so I'm on a very strict budget. Would i be better off with the Behringer control surface and Tascam US-122 or just the US-428?

Now if i got some money, which i might, what kind of quality can i expect from the FW-1082?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Rob a bank. :shock:

Then buy the good stuff. :twisted:

....sorry dude, I don't know.

3. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

you don't really 'need' a control surface- it won't do anything that you can't do with a mouse- I used to have a mackie control in my old studio and when I sold it I did not see the need for one in my new studio. - you'd be better off getting a decent AD or good pres with the money- that being said, if you must have a control surface anyway, the behringer does an adequate job for a couple of hundred bucs-

4. jbeutt

jbeutt Active Member

Well i'm sort of looking for something i can mix and control with. Kinda 2 in 1. Having the control surface is just a convenience. That's why i'm looking at the FW1082, so i can record bands, etc.

5. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

I have the FW1884 and I get pretty good sounds out of it.

6. overlookfran

overlookfran Guest

i have an old Mackie HUI, and I love it! sucks that Digidesign will no longer support it in 6.7 i think....so im stuck on 6.4.....or.......unload the HUI. (sniff sniff)