1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Big jamming out speakers

Discussion in 'Monitoring / Headphones' started by bobbo, Jan 16, 2005.

1. bobbo

bobbo Active Member

I have a decent set of monitors, jbl lsr25p with a powered sub, that get me an accurate mix, but I am looking for some big speakers for the bands to jam to while listening to the tracks they've recorded. I kind of want to have a farfield monitor system but they're way too expensive, I don't want to have to pay like $5000-10,000 for some farfields. I just want something that I can turn up really loud and have a good amount of ability to show the bass. I am not looking to do any mixing on these speakers, but since my jbl's are cracking when I turn them way up, and I have a "main" and "nearfield" switch on my daw. I think it would be nice to have a "beat up speaker system".

Thanks, I don't recall this question asked (unlike the many "I want the best all around mic for this and that")

Bob

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I had the same problem at my studio, so I put up a pair of PA speakers in the live room ..... they did the job quite nicely.

3. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

yeah !
    double 15 and horn ala drum fill should get the juices going ...
    :)
    two
    in stereo

4. frob

frob Well-Known Member

yes this is good but watch what your monitoring or youll get some nasty feed back

5. bobbo

bobbo Active Member

re

I was actually now considering these http://www.proaudiosolutions.com/prod.itml/icOid/3367

They are 12" cone with the tweeter in the middle, I have a powerful enough amp and at that price then I might as well get a mid/main monitor out of it.

Has anyone had any expierence with these, I was also looking at the Dynaduio Bm15p also because of the larger woofer.

Bob