1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Bitching.......

Discussion in 'Computing' started by Opus2000, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Have you guys read any other forums that dont have bitching sessions? I think this is the only forum that doesnt have one...so, in honor of that lets bitch at audiokid just for the hell of it..
    I feel we're missing out on something if there's no bitching in here?!!

I'll start it off!!!

Chris, god damn it..I'm so tired of these people asking for knowledge! What is your corporate strategy to handle this situation? Any more bad marketing plans ahead of us or what?!!!!
    HA HA HA HA HA!!! Let the games begin...
    your friendly DAWworld instigator :p
    Opus

2. MikeG

MikeG Guest

Opus,
    "Chris, god damn it..I'm so tired of these people asking for knowledge! What is your corporate strategy to handle this situation?"

A corporate strategy of global misinformation: You tell all Europeans that your 115V equipment will work perfectly on their voltage with no adjustments.
    To test your ribbon mic you blow very hard. Hitting your condenser mic hard on the desk helps to remove the dust from the capsule.. get the idea!
    Then you can retire to a darkened, acoustically live room with loud demonic laughter..Haaaa Heeee Haaaa..till the nice men in their white coats come to take you away.
    Just a thought.

3. SonOfSmawg

SonOfSmawg Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have one major gripe. I think RO should have free email. That way, I can just set RO as my homepage, check RO, check my email, and not have to go anywhere else on the internet. Yup, I'm PISSED! WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK OF THAT CHRIS?

4. stedel

stedel Guest

Yeah...What kind of a name for a town is "Pahrump"? :cool:

5. SonOfSmawg

Pahrump is from some old Indian name. Worse yet, we're called "Pahrumpians"!
    Pahrump is a town of about 30,000 people, 60 miles west of Las Vegas, just a couple of miles from the California border. We sit in a beautiful valley, surrounded by splendid mountains. Life is very slow here, and very quiet. There is NO nightlife, and a traffic jam here means there are 3 cars ahead of you at a stop sign. There are only 2 stoplights in the whole town, and no Walmart. It hardly ever rains here, the winters are very mild, and the summers are almost as hot as Death Valley. Most of the homes sit on at least an acre of land, a lot of people have horses, and most of the kids (boys) have dirtbikes. I lived in Southern California, Chicago, and Cincinnati before Pahrump, and I love the lifestyle here. I just wish they'd hurry up and build us a Walmart! Bitch, bitch, bitch ...

6. MikeG

MikeG Guest

Not bitching - more a suggestion.
    What about a small readout in the page header showing Pacific (CA) time? It'd be a nice touch.

7. stedel

stedel Guest

G'day S of S.
    Sounds like an amazing place. You know that little file we have in our brains the one that's marked
    "Wish/Fantasy - Must Do Before I Die"? Well mine is to hire a car one day and drive around the Nevada/Arizona area - particularly around Monument Valley, the landscape there I've always thought to be so incredibly beautiful. I've only seen it through watching those old John Ford-John Wayne movies. Shame about the "Pahrumpians" thing though.
    BTW you really want a "Wal-Mart"?

Oh and a little gripe. You know where the different forums are listed right at the top, just with an underline? This is usually where people put the advertising/sponsors stuff and I (perhaps shamefully) usually ignore. Didn't even know about the DAW forum for a while till Greg Malcangi pointed it out . Maybe a bit lower down and highlighted as a button? Just a suggestion. :) :cool:

8. SonOfSmawg

"Wish/Fantasy - Must Do Before I Die"?...
    Mine's to take a motorcycle ride from here to Cabo San Lucas, on the tip of Baja, stay for about a week, then ride back. I'm shooting for 2004.

9. stedel

stedel Guest

Hmm. I was just checking out some "personal Profiles" up here and noticed the "Add to Your Ignore List".....Damn. No wonder I didn't get anything for Christmas!!! :(

10. Opus2000

Geez...you guys call this bitching? :roll:
    lol
    Opus

11. SonOfSmawg

Well, actually, I do have one serious "bitch"...
    Back in the beginning of RO, we had our own chat. There usually wasn't anyone in it, but when there was, it was VERY kewl. However, the chat program sucked big time.
    IMHO, with the size of RO now, I think a RO chat would be a definate asset and attraction. I think it's time has come. But, if it's going to be done, we should have a good one, with several different rooms. Then, if guys wanna break-off, they can exchange screennames for ICQ, AIM, YAHOO, MSN, or whatever.
    For instance, I know that Opus is on RO right now, and it would be really kewl to chat with him ... hmmm ... but no chat here.
    Chris, seriously, please give it some thought.

12. Darla Balogh

Darla Balogh Guest

My Big Question is: What in the blazes does Pahrump mean in the Native language? LOL. I'm interested in the history behind it actually...

13. SonOfSmawg

If you want to know more about Pahrump, look it up on the internet, same as I would do. I was never hung-up on the name.

14. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

Just found this...
    http://www.pahrump.com/

Pahrump... gives me a yearnin for some curry chicken(secret guitar crank'in recipe), mmmm :) Thank You :)

15. Opus2000

Now there is a legitimate bitch!! It is quite slow to peruse around here...
    Ya know...where the hell is our fearless leader these days? Hmmmm?
    Opus

16. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Hi SOS, we have our own on dalnet channel #recording.org

17. audiokid

audiokid Staff

We're on a OC48 blazing fast!, ya need a better connection mun.

RO is using alot of instances, we are interactive and anything that is this interactive tends to be slower. As you use RO (don't clear your cookies) it will speed up significantly. I whip around here like nothing.

18. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

OK...so I'm an idiot...but what the hell is a dalnet channel? (Is that a US Southern accent for "Dialnet"??? Y'All...! hehe.. ;) )

19. Opus2000

James...MIRC
    sign up for that and you then tell it to go to the recording.org channel..problem being that not many of us use that anymore...
    personally I'm tired of chat programs and so forth..only one I use anymore is ICQ..I like that one better than having a chatroom thang open..
    my opinion anyways..
    also whenever I went to the DAL net channel previously it was always a crap shoot to see if someone was actually there or not
    Opus

20. SonOfSmawg

I've never heard of Dalnet or MIRC. I had ICQ a long time ago, but I never used it so I didn't install it the last time I "started from scratch" with my HDD. I'll go ahead and get them both. I have AIM, MSN Messenger, & Yahoo Messenger.
    I never knew that RO had that Dalnet thing. I wonder how many people know that we have it. :confused: