1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

blingin'est mics out there?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by rockstardave, Jan 5, 2009.

1. rockstardave

rockstardave Active Member

Mar 3, 2006
    what microphones LOOK the hottest? all sound characteristics aside, what is a mic you think looks sexy? a few that i have recently discovered with a *bling* factor are:

m-audio sputnik
    ev re27
    any of the gold CAD equitek's

your thoughts??
  2. Greener

Greener Guest

Seriously, gtfo. :)
  3. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

Well Dave,
    I know we talked about cascade before, they have a new C77 ribbon that looks pretty cool. I would look into Blue mics as well, I would like to sing into them.
  4. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

Also, I would say the Crowley and Tripp Naked Eye is a looker too.
  5. rockstardave

Mar 3, 2006
    i just checked out the naked eye and that is NOT bling - that sh*t is WACK ! like the clown of microphones
  6. iamfrobs

iamfrobs Guest

so, you are speaking of bling in the purest sense of the world? Why not just have an SM57 covered in gold?
  7. Greener

Greener Guest

Everyone knows puffy is in!
  8. rockstardave

Mar 3, 2006
    greener, that link didnt work for me.

i've thought about putting diamond studs on my sputnik actually...
  9. Kapt.Krunch

Kapt.Krunch Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Just when you thought things can't get any weirder..... :wink:

10. jammster

jammster Active Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Lake Ki-Chi-Saga, Minnesota USA
    Hey Dave,
    Dude, I knows wheres u can find the bling, you gotta check these guys out, you may get some great ideas here:

11. rockstardave

Mar 3, 2006
    ok i got nothing but sarcasm (save iamfrobs) --

you guys have no sense of style! a great sounding studio is nice, but it's also gotta look sexy if you want the clients.

yous all can be learned from me, sons. snap i out!
  12. song4gabriel

song4gabriel Active Member

Mar 27, 2007
    NY, USA
    Home Page:
    i ask myself a similar philosophical question all the time. if a car looked like a bently but was actually a ford, would i still ogle it the same way?

or if i'm walking down the street and see a chick with long blonde hair and a great ass walking in front of me, only to find out later that she was a guy with long hair, is she (er He) still hot?

unfortunately- if you have a hot looking mic that sounds like crap- in the AUDIO business, you wont have many repeat customers. unless you only work with deaf people.
  13. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    I like the way my last produced modern RCA 77 DX looks in comparison to my 1950s, TV gray 77 DX. I like the way my U67's look in comparison to my U87's. Only because I know how different they look inside. Women seem to be slightly intimidated by my Altec M-21 & my Electro-Voice 636 Slimaire's? Not sure why? There's no doubt it, I love the way my Shure 55, looks. Especially since it also coincides with my year of birth and reminds me of the appearance of my next-door neighbors Buick Grill when I was a kid.

I'm getting all excited thinking about those microphones.
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  14. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Moderator

Feb 23, 2005
    I used to have a Shure 565 that was done in GOLD! So was an E-V 666 that I used to have as a room mic with a Shure LeveLoc....... Gold is bold!!!