1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

"Blown" M160 Repairs?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Lonewalker, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Lonewalker

Lonewalker Active Member

I was STUPID and blew up my beloved ribbon! Who can direct me to good repair shops? I've had a hard time finding anyone that will even answer an email... Sure, there are lots of places on the net, but I need something reputable that answers emails or phone calls. A simple repair is fine, no need for mods, unless it's affordable...

thanx!!

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Lonewalker:
    You will have to deal with Beyerdynamic-USA to get that mic repaired. They have a toll-free ph# 800-293-4463, select "service" and you'll probably have to leave a message for Michael there to call you back. He is very good about getting back. I have sent him M500s,M69s, and an M88. They all got excellent service. Skip the internet, or a 3rd party service provider (doubt that even exists)
    and the website is actually German. You will pretty much have to deal with them the old-fashioned way...a phone call :cool:

3. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

P.S.: I have an M160, too...just never had to send it back...YET! Sorry about your loss. They make a great-sounding (albeit easily-broken!) microphone, don't they?

4. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I have 3 M160s and a single M130 these are a few of the greatest MS mic combinations ever. Don't plugem' in to phantom power with bad cables and NEVER let anybody give these mics a BLOW JOB! Yeah go directly to BEYER do not pass GO do not........

5. Lonewalker

Lonewalker Active Member

Alrighty, thanx guys! I shall contact BeyerD.