1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Boss BR 8 to Digi 001

Discussion in 'Recording' started by noteFarm, May 30, 2003.

1. noteFarm

noteFarm Member

Hi folks, I hope I am posting in the right place.
    I am trying to get a boss br 8 to my 001 via light pipe to transfer some trax. I use ADAT Light pipe out to 001 all the time for the extra ins, but I can not seem to bet the little boss unit to send to PT via Light Pipe.
    I am thinking that the boos would jsut go in place of the ADAT in the signal chain.
    Also it seems that the optical out of the BR 8 is just stero L and R out for going to a DAT or mini disc, (from what i understand from the manual).
    Any way I am trying to do some one a favor here. and Failing miserably.
    Any help or input would be great.
    Peace to all
    Notefarm

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Most likely the case that the 001 does not allow for input of the two channel optical format. Only the 8 channel format!

That being said if the Boss has a SPDIF output you would be best to use that instead

Opus :D

3. noteFarm

noteFarm Member

Opus
    Thank you very much for the speedy reply.
    That clues me in a lot more about Optical outs.
    Thanx again
    NoteFarm

4. doulos21

doulos21 Member

actully thats not the case I own a 001 and ive used the optical out of an alesis keyboard wich was only 2 channels as well as a cd burner with 2 outs on optical check your clock sorce under set up and or under the boss have the pro tools slave the boss an good luck