1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Bouncing/Exporting/importing/ uploading on to MYSPACE

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Nick_Mag, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Nick_Mag

Nick_Mag Guest

Im just a beginner with the whole home recording deal... I have a lot of really close friends who know a ton about this stuff and Ive learned alot from them but right now im recording some music for some people and Ive been noticing that my mix sounds pretty good through itunes and through other programs... through my stereo in my car.. headfones... radio speakers... ect... but immediately as i upload it to myspace for someone the quality just goes down hill... i have no idea what could possibly be the problem.. im using audacity to convert my audio from my PT rig.. but i dont think thats the problem as it sounds good on itunes, cds, ect...

I'd appreciate the help

-nick

2. grizzzly540

grizzzly540 Guest

I dont know a lot about the process, but are you bouncing redbook (44.1k/16bit)? What conversion quality do you have Itunes set to? I think for myspace it has to be MP3. This could be whats affecting the quality. MP3s sometimes can ruin a mix

3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

I think it probably has more to do with the file compression that myspace applies to your already compressed file.

4. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

The Myspace embedded player is a POS.
    It's not you, it's their low quality streams - everyone and their brother on there has one, they gotta conserve the bandwidth somehow...

5. Nick_Mag

Nick_Mag Guest

thanks that makes more sense guys... i appreciate all your help.. if u find otu anything more please let me know