1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

bouncing

Discussion in 'Recording' started by logamos2001, Apr 12, 2005.

1. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

when u are bouncing pojects to disk, what format do u want to do it in. i just want the best quality where i can put it the track in itunes and burn to disk. any other soulutions or ideas?

2. Kswiss

Kswiss Guest

if you are burning an audio CD, then you want 16bit 44.1. If you are burning a data CD, then you want 24bit and whatever sample rate it was recorded at. I'm not too clear on you question, but audio CD players read at 16bit 44.1.

K

3. McCheese

McCheese Well-Known Member

For iTunes you want 44.1/16 .wav / .aiff (depending on PC or Mac)

4. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

and this is going to give me great qualityto burn to a audio cd?

5. BenLindell

BenLindell Guest

its the best quality that a CD will play

6. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

allright cool. well where wood one need quality better than that?

7. One would need higher quality in DVD. I know DVD's are done in 24 bit word lengths, but I can't remember the bitrate. I think its 88.2kHz, but it might be 96kHz. Not really sure, though.

8. Costy

Costy Guest

I think, the DVDs are 24bit / 48kHz.

9. axel

axel Guest

burn speed affects the quality as well, just read different opinions on it in the mastering section here, but i have best results with the thumb role not over 4x write speed and decent blank cdr's like verbatim azo or tayo yuden. as wave (PC) or AIFF (MAC!!) 44.1khz 16 bit for CD, yupp

10. logamos2001

logamos2001 Guest

so u say aif for my mac? in itunes? would that do me well with some nice drs?