1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

bulk cable

Discussion in 'Accessories & Connections' started by yasuyoshik, Dec 13, 2004.

1. yasuyoshik

yasuyoshik Guest

This forum has been a great help to me, so I would like to ask you guys a question again. I am planing to buy bulk cables and bunch of Neutirks connecters. Mogami is kind of too much of the price. Is Belden good enough for home-studio? If so, which model could be great? What would be the other alternatives?
  2. moonz

moonz Guest

You could use Canare model L4E6S Star Quad...even comes in colors...and...the "twisted pair" leads in the Star Quad cable configuration will allow you to "double balance" your cables.

In case you haven't heard of double-balancing cables you solder both of the twisted pair lead wires in the Star Quad cable on each lug on the Nutrik connector, instead of the normal one lead wire per lug....this is supposed to produce an even quieter cable than standard balanced cable procedure does.

Check out the diagram on the "AUDIO CABLE" page of this site.

The guyz below advertise Canare Star Quad for 44 cents a foot.

3. yasuyoshik

yasuyoshik Guest

thanx mooze.
    I was aware of doble balanced cables, but was not sure how the things were constructed.
    I was wondering if you were from chicago region. let me know.
  4. moonz

moonz Guest

I'm down-river from the windy city...about 250 miles...across the river from old St Lou.

5. yasuyoshik

yasuyoshik Guest

6. zemlin

zemlin Distinguished Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    Home Page:
    I bought Canare Starquad from FullCompass (http://www.fullcompass.com) for $29/ft - that was a while back, and I bought 250 ft to get the price.
  7. moonz

moonz Guest

I've bought from FullCompass, at least once, in the past...they usually have very competitive prices...I just wish they'd set up a regular online website with a shopping cart system, instead of forcing you to call them to place an order.