1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

burner question...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by gabitzu, May 19, 2003.

1. gabitzu

gabitzu Guest

hi there!!!...what is better?...to buy an internal or external burner?,and wich brand?...i know about lots of folks use plextor...is it a good choice?...wich model is good for a good price too?...i've heard about plextor black...what's the diference between black and normal?...
  2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Black is just the color...same performance as normal beige...it's just if you want it to match the case or not!

Any burner will do to be honest. Plextor is nice indeed but you can go with any burner and do just fine.

Oh yeah, I would stick with internal...better performance and less chance of errors
  3. Sidney

Sidney Guest

You might want to check out the Lite-On LTR-52246S...

For $43 it's quite the deal. I researched it and on a few Audio forums I found no one who said anything bad about it. ALL positive. I have a Plextor, which has been great, but it's a little dated (8x4x32). From what I've read, the new Lite On is as every bit as good. Technology changes and I don't think Plextor is the only choice anymore.

Good Luck,
  4. Sidney

Sidney Guest

Forgot to say... I picked up 2! One for me and my Brother. :)