1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

[Burning Pro Tools files to CD]

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by MigrantRecords, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Okay, I give up.

An outside mixing house is mixing the project I've been working on.

Yet when I try to burn a CD to send them the files, ALL of the files are way too big to fit on the CD.

What am I doing wrong? I'm on Pro Tools, on a MAC G5, and I need whatever help you can give. Thanks!!!

2. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

What files are you sending? If you are sending the session files, then you may need to send a DVD or two or three.

If you want to send the finished mixes, you need to "bounce to disc"and sending them that. That will all fit on a standard CD, as long as you do not have over 80 minutes of music.

3. I'm sending session files. I have a DVD-R...How do I make it record as a DVD? Any ideas?

Thanks...

4. baslotto

baslotto Active Member

If the studio is not too far from you I would put everything on an external hard drive and bring is there.

Depending on what you need there is another solution:

Choose the audiofiles that you want to be mixed, put them in another folder and burn just those with the session file on a CD. Burning a DVD is exactly the same thing as a CD.

Hope it helps.

Bas.