Business-card CD's

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by schizojames, Mar 24, 2006.

1. schizojames

schizojames Active Member

I figure if anyone would know it would be ME's. Can these be played in a run-of-the-mill CD player? I saw some a couple years ago at a decent bulk-rate that indicated that they were intended for data use. It would be great, though if I could use these to "get the word out."

If I saw one, I would definitely pick it up...

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

They don't all fit properly and all CD players, only some of them. So there is your disadvantage with them. Generally to work in most computer CD-ROMs.

One makes you small and one makes two large
    Ms. Remy Ann David

3. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

They'll work in any CD player that has the small diameter recess in the tray. but won't work in any slot loading CD players like in cars and lots of laptops etc...

4. schizojames

Thanks folks!

5. Brandon

Brandon Guest

i would like to comment on those biz-card cd's

i have used those for promotion before

i had a HUGE response

i recommend using them for whatever project you are trying to promote -- people just HAVE TO put those in just to see if they even work -- and they do

i would like to hear the results that you get from using them please let me know

remember you can create an enhanced-cd with those -- plays audio in cd player -- opens data in computer -- just remember to include autorun.inf

i will soon be creating a resume using those

good luck!

6. schizojames

Thanks so much for the encouraging reply! I was hoping that would be the case.

Well, gotta work...